despite (or maybe because of) the scoffers and naysayers (aka: my sisters), i have successfully completed my hefty to-do list for the month of january regarding my list of new year’s resolutions. you can see the full post here, but i’ll summarize below:
- bible in a year: on track! loving the bible project app, and totally recommend it.
- stretching after working out: i started out january with an ankle injury and no time to rest it, but modifying my workouts and stretches has kept me successful with this one.
- meal planning: stayed consistent with this.
- not wasting food: i was far from perfect on this, but i did order my groceries online as planned, and that definitely cut back big time on the wasted food. also, my freezer is full of jars of veggie stock! room for improvement next month, but also experienced an improvement compared to 2016.
- blog once per month: yup.
- practice flute 3x per week: i’ve loved being reunited with my flute! fave thing to do: put on some beatles music and play along with it. i’m in the band!
- practice french every week day: finally broke the 40% mark! i’ve been struggling with getting out of the 30s for so long, and that threshold felt reeeaaally good!
- knit something: i knit a clapotis scarf out of knit picks chroma, and although it was a boring knit, it was a perfect project to get back into the craft, and the self-striping yarn kept me interested.
- home improvement: i mudded, repaired, and sanded every wall on my main floor, plus the back stairwell that has been neglected for over a decade. huge task, but what a relief to have it finished even if my house is now covered in drywall dust.
- woodworking: this was by far the most intimidating item on my list! it had been too long since i’d built anything, i couldn’t make a decision, and i was honestly just intimidated by the whole process. odd, considering how comfortable i used to be in a woodshop. time does strange things. anyway, i eventually settled on an easy project from anawhite.com to get me back into “it”, and i had a lot of fun! the smell of sawdust will always feel like home to me.
and now it starts all over again! choosing projects for february and finding time to complete them. i’m definitely enjoying the feeling of productivity that accompanied january, and am looking forward to another big list at the end of this short month.
how are you guys doing with your new year’s resolutions?