one month project
it’s been a while since i’ve done a “one month at a time” self-bettering project. don’t know what i’m talking about? in short, i like to fix me. if i want to become the person i want to be, i have to make it happen. i’m not talking all spiritual here, i just mean stuff like better posture, better eating, less sleeping (i hate that month!). basic things that make me feel like i’m accomplishing something more than what comes naturally.
sometimes people join in with me and that’s kind of nice. especially when it’s healthy month– that’s a good one to have some extra support in. december however, is NOT healthy month. nohoho sir.
instead of denying myself christmas cookies and egg nog, i’m going to deny myself stress. stress+holidays=not what the holidays are all about.
december is “go to bed with a clean house” month. it doesn’t have to be perfect (unless you’re berni), but it has to be clean enough that when the house meets me in the morning i am happy to see it.
benefits (because sometimes people need to be sold on this stuff):
1. no “to do” list getting between you and a what you really want to do in the morning.
2. christmas decorations can be visible and enjoyed.
3. your husband will love you even more (as if that were possible!)
4. photos. a clean backdrop for all of pictures you’ll take of your kids decorating christmas cookies, or making christmas crafts– you know you’d take more photos if there wasn’t embarrassing stuff in the background!
5. in my experience, i do more when i have a clean house. i’ll bake a pie for elliot because all of the measuring cups are clean and there’s space to roll out dough on the counter. or i’ll pull out the craft bin for the kids to experiment with because i know that the contents won’t end up mixed in with all of the toys that are already on the floor.
okay, so my examples do not reflect my house! well not all at once, anyway. and as of this month they’re not going to reflect it EVER. or at least for december.
Entry filed under: one month at a time.